BANANA REPUBLIC E-COMMERCE SITE, OWNED AND OPERATED BY SPECIALTY LIFESTYLE CONCEPTS, INC. LOCATED AT 3/F ACCELERANDO BUILDING 395 SEN. GIL PUYAT AVENUE, MAKATI CITY, PHILIPPINES, ("WE"/"US") TAKE THE PRIVACY OF EACH PERSON WHO VISITS OUR ONLINE SHOP (THE "WEBSITE") VERY SERIOUSLY. WE WILL ALWAYS PROCESS YOUR PERSONAL DATA IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE LAW.
O YOUR INFORMATION BEING PROCESSED IN ACCORDANCE WITH THIS POLICY.
YOUR PERSONAL DATA
Personal data means any information about you which is personally identifiable, including, without limitation, your name, address, telephone number, email address, financial details, registration name, password, and other information from which you can be identified and which you disclose to us at any time.
COLLECTION OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We collect your personal data when:
- you create an online account ("Account");
- you place an order via the website;
- you subscribe to the Banana Republic PH’s newsletter;
- you make a complaint or inquiry or provide other feedback to us;
- you register for Banana Republic’s VIP Program.
The information that you provide when setting up your account or making a purchase from the online store may include your name, email address, telephone number, delivery address, billing address, and payment information. Please note that we will not be storing your payment information. This will be done via a third-party payments company. If you register to hold an account with us, you will also have a unique password which enables you to access your account.
Where collection of personal data is necessary for us to carry out the purposes (Uses of your Personal Data) listed below, we will make it clear that we will not be able to carry out those purposes without provision of the information.
USES OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
You expressly consent to the sharing of this data between Banana Republic, Gap and Old Navy. We use your Personal Data to:
- Process and complete orders you place via the Website;
- Deliver the products you have purchased from the Website;
- Update you on the delivery of the product and for customer support purpose;
- Process and deal with any complaints or inquiries made by you;
- Process the registration of your customer account and maintain your customer account;
- Track purchases you made as a member of Banana Republic VIP Program to determine your eligibility to receive certain benefits / rewards offered by the VIP Program.
- To audit the downloading of data from our website;
- To improve the layout and/or content of the pages of our website and customize them for users;
- To study visitors on our website;
- To carry out research on our users' demographics;
- Monitor, develop and improve the Website and your experience when using the Website;
- For legal and audit compliance, as well as to protect our rights and property and its users
- Perform appropriate anti-fraud checks, such as credit checks, and where necessary, to transmit or obtain information about you to or from third parties, including but not limited to, credit reference or fraud-prevention agencies, which may keep a record of that information.
- Send you dedicated offers and services; and
- Send you information and marketing materials about new or existing Banana Republic, Gap, and Old Navy PH products and services.
Data may be shared across SSI Group, Inc., Rustan's Group and its affiliates, and we may use the resources of other members of the SSI Group to process your data. We may likewise share your contact information with specific third parties for purposes of order fulfillment.
You can subscribe to the Banana Republic PH newsletter and choose to be informed at regular intervals of the commercial offers available on the website, at the Banana Republic PH store and those of our commercial partners.
You have the opportunity at any time to unsubscribe by clicking on the link provided for this purpose at the end of each newsletter or by sending an email to email@example.com
How to opt-in or opt-out from direct marketing
We, and selected third parties, may use the information you give us on our website for direct marketing purposes to provide updates, newsletters, events, or other communications that we think may interest you.
Where required by law, your prior consent will be obtained before sending direct marketing. In any event, we will offer you the option to unsubscribe on every communication sent.
If you do not wish to receive marketing information from us, you can click on the relevant Unsubscribe button. If you do not want your purchases tracked to qualify for the VIP program, you may email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know.
Passing on your personal data to third parties
We may disclose your personal data to:
- Any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries; our ultimate holding company; its subsidiaries; and certain of our business partners which help us in providing your order, delivering your goods, taking your payment and analysing your use of the website in order to improve the website's efficiency;
- Other third parties (i.e. advisers, service providers, suppliers) may use your personal data to send you information and marketing materials about their products and services. However, we will only pass your personal data on to such third parties if you have ticked an "Opt-in" box to indicate that you wish to receive such information.
We may share, transfer or disclose your personal data to any actual successor to our business.
You can access the personal information we hold about you via your account to obtain a copy of it and to correct, amend, or delete information that is inaccurate.
It is your responsibility to ensure that you submit true, accurate and complete information on your account and keep it up to date. You may also update your personal information by contacting us through the contact details provided below. Please make sure to include your name, username, and order number or email address in your initial correspondence; this helps us protect the details and preferences on your account from unauthorized access.
We take data security seriously and have safeguards (including internal procedures and policies) in place to ensure data security is maintained to a high standard. We also use all efforts reasonably necessary to be sure that third parties who work with us to make this website and its contents available to you and to fulfill your orders and requests, agree to protect personal information that they must access in order to serve our website and its visitors. We limit access to personal information about you to employees who we believe reasonably need to come into contact with that information to provide products or services to you or in order to do their jobs.
We will take all reasonable steps to ensure the secure treatment of your personal data. In particular, we will take appropriate security measures to protect your personal data against loss or misuse and we will use strict procedures and security features in order to prevent unauthorized access. All the data collected by us is stored on a secure server.
Where you have a password, which enables you to access our website, you are responsible for keeping this password secure and confidential.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your personal data, we will treat it in accordance with our security procedures.
When you visit the website, we may automatically collect the following information: your IP address, log-in information, browser type and version, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform, information about your visit including the URL clickstream to, through and from our websites, products you viewed or searched for, download errors, length of visits to certain pages and page interaction. We collect information automatically through the use of various technologies, including through "Cookies", and this is explained further below.
Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, though you do not have to. If you wish to disable cookies then you can do so by readjusting your browser settings. Although please note that by disabling cookies you may not be able to register with or use all the features of the website. For information about the specific cookies used on this website, please see below:
What it does
Cookies necessary for essential website purposes
These cookies are essential to provide you with services available through this website and to use some of its features, such as access to secure areas. Without these cookies, services you have asked for, like transactional pages and secure login accounts, would not be possible.
Functionality cookies record information about the choices you’ve made and allowed us to tailor the website to you. These cookies mean that when you continue to use or come back to the services, we can provide you with our services as you have asked for them to be provided. For example, these cookies allow us to:
- Save your location preference if you have set your location on the homepage;
- Remember settings you have applied, such as layout, text size, preferences, and colours;
- Show you when you are logged in; and
- Store accessibility options.
These cookies collect information that is used either in aggregate form to help us understand how the website is being used or how effective our marketing campaigns are, or to help us customize the website for you. This information will also be used for the purpose of evaluating your use of the website, compiling reports on website activity for website operators and providing them other services relating to website activity and internet usage. Our third-party partners use their own cookies and have their own privacy policies. Third-party cookies are used to gather statistics, but cannot be used to identify individuals. We allow our partners to serve these third-party cookies, but we do not have any other access to them.
These cookies are used to make advertising messages more relevant to you. They perform functions like preventing the same advertisement from continuously reappearing, ensuring that advertisements are properly displayed, and in some cases selecting advertisements that are based on your interests. A large proportion of the advertisements you see on the website are generated by third parties. Cookies are often used by these third party partners to allow them to track the number of people who have clicked on or seen a particular advert or page and how many people have seen the advert or page more than once. Parts of this statistical data may be shared with us by third parties, allowing us to improve the targeting and placement of adverts on the website.
Location and Transfer of Your Personal Data
Links to Other Websites
We will not retain your information for longer than is necessary for our business purposes or for legal requirements. However, please be advised that we may retain some information after you have closed your account with us, for instance, if this is necessary to meet our legal obligations, such as retaining the information for tax and accounting purposes.