Terms and Conditions
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
I. SCOPE AND DEFINITIONS
1. Please read these Terms carefully before using the Website and placing your order. By ordering products from the Website, you agree to be bound by these Terms. By continuing to use any part of the Website, you confirm your acceptance of these Terms.
2. These general terms and conditions (the "Terms") will apply when you access the bananarepublic.com.ph website either online or via your mobile device (the "Website") or place orders to purchase any of the products on the website.
3. Any reference to "we"/"us"/”our” in these Terms is a reference to Specialty Lifestyle Concepts Inc. – owner and operator of Banana Republic PH bananarepublic.com.ph, with office address at 3/F Accelerando Building 395, Sen Gil Puyat Avenue, Makati City, Philippines. We can be reached through email: firstname.lastname@example.org
4. Any reference to "you" means you, the user of the Website.
II. USE OF THE WEBSITE
1. You agree not to copy, reproduce, modify, create derivative works from, distribute or publicly display any content (except for your own information) from the Website without our prior written permission.
2. You acknowledge that all present and future copyright and other intellectual property rights subsisting in, or used in connection with, the products, the Website or any part of it (the "Rights"), including the manner in which the Website is presented or appears and all information and documentation relating to it is our property (or that of our licensors), and nothing in these Terms shall be taken to transfer any of the Rights to you.
3. You may not link our official URL http://www.bananarepublic.com.com.ph/ with other websites without our prior written consent.
III. REGISTERING FOR A PERSONAL ACCOUNT
3. After registering for a personal account, you will automatically be sent an email that your account has been created. Your email address will act as the user ID for your account. During the registration process, you will be asked to create your own password. You will be given the opportunity to change the password when you log in to your account. You must keep your user ID and password confidential at all times, and not make them available to any other person. You agree to comply with all security directions and/or recommendations given by us and inform us immediately if you become aware of or suspect any unauthorized use of your account or if your account becomes available to an unauthorized person.
4. Without prejudice to our other rights and remedies we may suspend your access to the Website without liability if, in our reasonable opinion, such action is necessary to safeguard the Website. You will be responsible for any misuse of your user ID and password, including the placing of any order.
IV. OUR CONTRACT
1. Your order constitutes an offer to us to buy the products you select from the Website. All orders are subject to availability and will not constitute a binding contract of sale until accepted by us. As soon as this offer is accepted by us by sending an Order Processing Email (as specified below), your order forms a binding contract of sale between you and us as further set out at section V below.
2. Purchases made on the website must be for your personal or gift use and are not to be used for resale, commercial purposes or any other commercial benefit. We reserve the right to refuse orders for multiple quantities of an item ordered by you or ordered to any one postal address.
3. The Website only sells products to individuals who can purchase with a credit card or other method(s) of payment as set out on the payment page.
4. The images of the products on our Website are for illustrative purposes only. Although we have made every effort to display the colours accurately, we cannot guarantee that a device's display of the colours accurately reflects the colour of the products. Your product may vary slightly from those images.
V. THE ORDER PROCESS
1. You may select items from our range of products, the details of which will be added to the "Shopping Bag" by clicking on the 'Add to Shopping Bag' button. By clicking on the 'Proceed to Checkout' button, you initiate the checkout process for the products added to the Shopping Bag. By clicking on the 'Pay now' button you submit an offer to buy the products in the Shopping Bag and agree to pay for those items. Before placing an order, you can view and amend your order details at any time by clicking on the 'Shopping Bag & Checkout' button.
2. When you place your order to purchase products from the Website, we will automatically send you an email confirming receipt of your order and containing the details of your order (the "Order Confirmation Email"). We recommend that you print out the Order Confirmation Email and keep it for your own records. The Confirmation Email does not constitute our acceptance of your order; it merely records the fact that we have received the order.
3. We will send you a second email when we dispatch your products which shall constitute our acceptance of your order (the "Order Processing Email"), at which point a binding contract of sale will be concluded between you and us.
4.Any products in the same order which we have not confirmed in an Order Processing Email do not form part of that contract. If for any reason the products ordered by you are not available at the time you placed your order, we will notify you of this by email through a notification of the cancellation of your order. If you have paid for the unavailable item/s, we shall request for a reversal/ refund from your chosen payment gateway. If some of your chosen items are available, you will receive a separate email with an updated order number and a breakdown of items for shipment. Our acceptance of your order in the Order Processing Email is limited to the products that are available - no contract of sale will be concluded in respect of products that are not available. We will retain the title in the products until full payment has been received by us.
VI. AVAILABILITY OF PRODUCTS AND DELIVERY TIME
1. We strive to ensure that all items on the website are available upon request. However, there may be instances where items will be out of stock. In cases such as this, we shall deliver the available items in your sales order. Please note that if the original order was pre-paid, a reversal/refund will be in place for the out of stock items.
2. We will notify you of the estimated delivery time for your products in the Order Confirmation Email. This estimated delivery date will usually be within three to five business days in Metro Manila and up to 10 days for provincial orders (i.e. Excluding Saturday, Sunday and public holidays in the Republic of the Philippines) from the date of the Order Confirmation Email. It may take slightly longer to deliver products to very remote areas. We will endeavour to deliver all products you have ordered within the estimated delivery time (as specified on your Order Confirmation Email), but these delivery dates are estimates only. Dispatch dates are not guaranteed and should not be relied upon.
3. In the event that we become aware that we are unable to meet the original estimated delivery time stated in the Order Confirmation Email, we will notify you of this as soon as possible and without us being liable to you we will specify a new estimated delivery time.
4. If your order has not been received within our specified timescales, you may contact us through email at email@example.com, to check the status of your order. All delivery timescales are subject to delays caused by seasonal or busy periods, weather and other unforeseen circumstances, though we will do everything we reasonably can to get your order to you on time. Please understand that during exceptionally busy periods (e.g. Christmas), or when the weather is particularly inclement, we and/or our couriers might need additional time to process and deliver your order. Please note that the delivery company may require a signature on delivery and will not leave products without a signature. Orders can be delivered to a place of work, which is usually easier and avoids the disappointment and delay of products being returned to us as undelivered by the courier.
5. Orders may be placed from anywhere in the world, provided that the delivery address is within the Philippines.
6. Your order will be sent to the delivery address that you have given on your order form. We are not responsible if the given delivery address is incorrect or incomplete. Our couriers will make two delivery attempts, and we will notify you by email prior to delivery.
VII. PRICES AND DELIVERY CHARGES
1. All of the prices listed on the Website include the currently applicable statutory value-added tax.
2. The prices shown on the Website are stated in Philippine pesos and exclude delivery charges.
3. Shipping fee is calculated based on its actual, or dimensional weight, whichever is higher. It is also dependent on the delivery location. Standard shipping rates are as follows: For the first 3 kilos, shipping fee for Metro Manila is ₱150 and ₱200 for Provincial Areas. There will be an additional ₱65 per kilo in excess of 3 kilos. Free shipping for orders ₱4,000 and above.
1. Payment for your products must be made via Credit Card, PayPal, GCash or Cash on Delivery or other payment methods that we may offer and announce in the future.
2. The full payment price, including delivery charges and any additional charges for services you may have ordered, will be debited from your card/account. For cash on delivery orders, please prepare the exact payment amount for our courier partners’ pick-up upon delivery of your ordered items to you. Your order will not be released to you or your authorized representative until our courier partners’ representative has acquired the cash payment during delivery.
3. You confirm that the credit card being used is not stolen, simulated, or a fraudulent account. All credit cardholders are subject to validation checks and authorization by the card issuer. If the issuer of your card refuses to authorize payment, we will not accept your order and we will not be responsible for any delay or non-delivery and we are not obliged to inform you of the reason for the refusal. You may contact your issuing bank for more information. For cash on delivery orders, you promise to make sure that the exact amount of payment (inclusive of shipping and other applicable charges which we will inform you in advance if any, and subject to your prior approval) is ready and available for pick up upon delivery of your order to your stated delivery address.
4. When you visit the website or send emails to us, you are communicating with us electronically. We will communicate with you by email or by posting notices on the website. For contractual purposes, you consent to receive communications from us electronically and you agree that all agreements, notices, disclosures and other communications that we provide to you electronically satisfy any legal requirement that such communications be in writing.
1. Only products purchased from this website may be returned. Items that are bought on promo or sale are not valid for return or exchange unless the item was damaged/defective upon receipt.
2. For returns and exchanges due to change of size, wrong item received, or faulty/defective/damaged items, please follow our returns procedure, so that we can assist you in the replacement or refund of your order. We reserve the right to reject the return of products which are not returned in accordance with our returns procedure. Please contact our customer service by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org to declare the items you wish to return. We will send you the necessary documents and provide instructions to facilitate your return request. Please take note that any return or exchange without prior notification through email shall not be accepted.
3. You have the right to return any purchased products for the following reasons:
- Change of Size - The product you ordered does not fit you.
- Change of Colour - Only allowed if the item is damaged upon receipt.
- Wrong Item - The product you received was not the product you ordered.
- Damaged or Defective Item - The product you ordered was damaged when you received it.
4.Please note the following:
- You may exchange the size of your item. You will not be charged for the return shipment fee for the first return or exchange. Delivery charges will apply for succeeding returns
- Items that are bought on promo or sale are not valid for return or exchange except unless the item was damage/defective upon receipt.
- Items may be returned within 30 days from the date of delivery.
- The value of the item at the time of exchange is the price paid or current selling price whichever is lower. However, if damaged upon receipt, the value of the exchange item would be based on the actual price paid by the customer.
- If Returned via 3PL Drop-off or Pick-up, value at the time the item was received in eCommerce Warehouse shall apply.
- Upon receipt of the item, it will be evaluated and confirmed if the item is acceptable for exchange. Once the returned item is approved for exchange, please note the following delivery dates to receive the replacement item below.
- Metro Manila - 7 to 14 days
- Provincial - 14 to 28 days
- If the item is not approved for return, the customer will shoulder the shipment fee worth ₱200 via Cash-on-Delivery.
- If a purchase is Returned Store, Store policies shall apply.
- Items must be in good condition (unless the item was damaged upon receipt) with original packaging and tags still intact.
- Only products purchased from this website may be returned at any Banana Republic Philippines store, except outlet stores. Please contact our customer service team by emailing email@example.com to declare the items that you wish to return. We will provide instructions to facilitate your request.
- Keep the original packaging. Please reuse the packaging your order was shipped in to proceed with the return.
- Unless the item was damaged upon receipt, please return your articles in mint condition, without them being worn or washed. The sole of the shoes has to be clean and intact.
- All of the packaging (plastic, boxes), accessories (including but not limited to bags, cases and other packaging), and user manuals have to be returned and product labels must be attached to the items as sold.
X. YOUR PERSONAL DATA
1. By entering information on the Website, you represent and warrant that you are using your actual identity, and all the information you provide is true, accurate, current and complete at the time you provide us that information.
2. If you find that the information transmitted is incorrect or no longer valid, it is your responsibility to change it. We will not be liable for any errors that may result in your submission of incorrect information.
3. You consent to information about the device you use to access the Website being collected and processed for fraud prevention purposes and we may use third parties (and information they provide) to help us prevent fraud or unauthorized access to our Website.
1. Save as expressly set out herein, all conditions, warranties and obligations which may be implied or incorporated into these Terms by statute, common law, or otherwise and any liabilities arising from them are hereby expressly excluded to the extent permitted by law. That said, this does not affect the Terms which are included as a matter of custom and we acknowledge that we are under a legal obligation to supply products in accordance with the contract, supply products which are of satisfactory quality, reasonably fit for the purpose, and as described.
2. We only supply the products and Website for domestic and private use. You agree not to use the product or the Website for any commercial, business or resale purposes. We will not be responsible for any business loss (including loss of profits, loss of revenue, loss of contracts or loss of goodwill) that you suffer as a result of our breach of these Terms, use of our Website or our negligence.
3. This Website is provided by us on an 'as is' and 'as available' basis. We make no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, as to the operation of this Website or the information, content, materials, or products included on this Website. It is expressly agreed by you that your use of this Website is at your sole risk.
4. We do not:
5. When you order products from the Website, our aggregate liability to you for any loss or damage arising in connection with these Terms shall be limited, in respect of each claim, to the purchase price of your order.
6. We are not responsible for any delay or failure to comply with our obligations under these Terms if the delay or failure arises out of any event which is beyond our reasonable control. Such events shall include, for example, failure of infrastructure, government intervention, epidemic/pandemic, wars, civil commotion, hijacking, fire, flood, accident, storm, strikes, lockouts, terrorist attacks or industrial action affecting us or our suppliers. This condition does not affect your statutory rights.
7. If an event beyond our reasonable control as described above takes place that affects the performance of our obligations in relation to products ordered from the Website under these Terms with you:
- We will use reasonable endeavours to reduce the impact of any such event on the performance of our obligations.
- We will contact you as soon as reasonably possible to notify you; and
- Our obligations under these Terms will be suspended and the time for performance of our obligations will be extended for the duration of the event. Where the event affects our delivery of products to you, we will arrange a new delivery date with you after the event is over.
You may cancel the contract formed with us which is for the purchase of products by you from the Website affected by an event which is beyond our reasonable control and which has continued for more than 30 days. To cancel, please contact us.
8. While we take steps to prevent misuse of our systems, we cannot warrant that the Website will be free of viruses or other malicious code and accept no liability for loss or damage caused by the transmission of such code. We recommend that you always use up-to-date firewalls and anti-virus software to protect your equipment and data.
9. It is not possible for us to review all Websites which are linked from the Website (or linked to the Website), and you should therefore take care when following any link. We cannot accept liability for any loss or damage that may be suffered as a result of following any links.
XII. FEEDBACK AND COMPLAINTS POLICY
1. We welcome any comments about our service so that we can improve what we are doing. Our aim is to deal with any problems quickly and fairly. If you have reason to complain about our services, please call or email our customer services team stating clearly that you are making a complaint. Our aim is to respond to your complaint within seven (7) working days, either resolving the complaint or with a timescale for resolution.
2. If you wish to contact us, you can reach us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
XIII. ALTERATION OF SERVICE OR AMENDMENTS TO THE TERMS
- We reserve the right to make changes to our Website, policies, and these Terms at any time. Your usage of the Website and your orders will be subject to the policies and Terms in force at the time that you use the Website or that you order products from us unless any change to those policies or these conditions is required to be made by law or government authority (in which case it will apply to orders previously placed by you). If any of the provisions of these Terms are deemed invalid, void, or for any reason unenforceable, that condition will be deemed severable and will not affect the validity and enforceability of the remaining conditions.
- If you breach these Terms and we take no action, we will still be entitled to use our rights and remedies in any other situation where you breach these conditions.
XV. GOVERNING LAW AND JURISDICTION1. Your use of the Website, any purchase by you on the Website of any products and these conditions will be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the Republic of the Philippines and will be deemed to have occurred in the Philippines. You agree, as we do, to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Philippine courts. In case of any dispute arising from this Agreement which cannot be settled amicably despite efforts to do so, the case shall be filed in the proper court of Makati City, to the exclusion of other courts.
2. Please note that the contract formed between you and us under these Terms is between you and us. No other person shall have any right to enforce any of these Terms.